Monday, March 1, 2010

Upcycled Undies

A couple of weeks ago I posted a link to Colette Patterns cute mini-bloomers pattern with the promise of posting my own, once they were finished.

Over the weekend, I had a bit of spare time to complete the project and added a cute little bra-top to match.  Obviously these aren't really undergarments - more for lounging around the apartment with your hunny, drinking hot coffee and watching the rain (or, you know, feet of snow) fall.  His cardigan or button-down from last night would be a great robe-replacement over this sweet set.

For my bloomers and bra, I up-cycled an old Dwell duvet cover my friend Sarah had given me - I love Dwell's modern designs and color palette and was definitely inspired to make this set when I saw the fabric folded up in my large piece stash!




The finished mini-bloomers with elastic waist and navy grosgrain at the legs.

I finished the seams on the inside of the bloomers with a Hong Kong Seam.
There is a super tutorial on seam finishes over at Craft Stylish.

 
The bra top obviously offers no support, but it's a cute compliment to the bloomers.
I made a pattern for a triangle top and finished with an elasticized ruffle, as opposed to making a string bikini/halter.
  I finished the back seam of the top with a flat-fell seam (like you see on the side of your jeans).
The top just slips over your head.

2 comments:

  1. An intelligent gentle thought for utilizing your time with making such beautiful crafts by the wastage stuff's of the home.
    Excavator Hire

    ReplyDelete